Thursday, February 7, 2013

Naked Fear (2007)

Directed by: Thom Eberhardt

Writer: Christine Vasquez



 
I’m not very good with words and similar crap, so I often have hard time convincing someone to watch a movie I liked. For example, I used to tell everyone how The Signal is an absolute masterpiece, but no one took me seriously. Or Intouchables – “Hey, you really really REALLY have to see Intouchables, it’s a great French movie about a rich quadriplegic and a poor black guy who works for him as a caretaker...” to which the person I’m talking to reacts either with eyes rolling or a facepalm.
However, with Naked Fear it’s a sitter. Lend me your ears! I mean - eyes! OK, this movie contains a scene in which the lead actress is continuously naked for more than twenty minutes and after that pretty much bottomless for another ten (!) I guess that does the job unless you’re gay or female, but even then you should be able to appreciate the beauty of a naked human female form. My Bloody Valentine 3D and Lifeforce combined do not even come close to Naked Fear in this department! In fact, to my best knowledge (and if I’m wrong, by all means do not hesitate a second to inform me!), this might be the longest nude scene in film history.
 
In other news, this comes from Thom Eberhardt, who made some really cool movies in the eighties. The direction is good and the movie does contain some suspense – for example, when the naked heroine is running away from the bastard that’s chasing her, you’re rooting for her not to get killed, but you’re also hoping she won’t find any clothes for as long as possible. Seriously though, even without the infamous nude scene, this would have been a perfectly acceptable B-thriller. And WITH the infamous nude scene, there’s absolutely no excuse for not seeing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...